1. Post two (2) pics under the appropriate category and tell us something about the build. *(The best way is to post your pics using the little image button where it says "Add" -NOT the little paper clip-. Try to keep the pics 550 pixels wide so everyone can see them easily. If pics are too huge they may be deleted!)*
2. The bike MUST have been built by you or your buddies in your backyard or garage. (No previous entries allowed)
3. Pics can be posted until the last day of February 2012.
4. Awesome prizes and C/N link badge will be awarded to the top 4 in each category:
5. IMPORTANT! This year's judges will be the top ten C/N contributing members of the month for February! On March 1st, we'll check the stats and invite the top ten contributors for the month to be the judges. If someone doesn't want to judge, the next top contributor will be invited to judge and so on... This is open to any member of C/N so start posting and commenting now, you have three weeks to get your stats up! (Contestants can not be judges.)
6. PLEASE HELP US GET THE WORD OUT! Like and share this page and your favorite skoot posts.
This section is being sponsored by our buddies at Hopper Mag. Check out their blog!
Prizes and media support from these awesome sponsors! Please click the links to support them!
1996 FXDWG dyna SPRINGER YES SPRINGER MID -USA SPRINGER HARDBODY. 4 INCH OVER 36 DEG. PAINT BY Scotty at SDP.Le Pera Custom seat.Dog n Bone Risers on solids. Rebuilt Trans. Its No Rigid But I built it all in My Shitty Shed. Special Thanks to Gaz at Dakotta Eng an Hannes at Nthn Steel Fab.Wrapped Pipes an Powdercoatn from Zapp.And of Course Shaz :)
Never quite sure of the definition of a bobber...but this is a bike I put together at the beginning of 2011. It used to be a very well know custom in the UK called the Blower Bike as it had 2 turbos, connected to a harman 110" motor - but it blew up and had been left idle for many years. So I bought the rolling chassis, and put in an S&S Shovel, new bars, pipes and other bits - nice paint job and away you go. This is a great ride I took it down to Croatia for the Harley Rally last May 1800 miles and it went like a dream.
Here is my little Flea Market purchase for 100 bucks! 1977 Suzuki GS 400. Didn't really have a plan, but just dove right in. New upper half of a frame, stretched swing arm, quite a few parts from a motorcycle salvage and presto a fun bike to ride around on. I did everything on this bike myself in my garage when the wife let me leave her car out. Custom seat pan, all the frame mods, lowering, painting, etc. Everything except mounting the tires. So there it is without a page of details. Here she is the day I brought her home and as she rolls now! Hope you enjoy!
can you tell me more about this bike.. whered you hid the coil? what shocks and springs setup? and who made that seat for you. tank art looks so awesome.
So it started as a '81 Yamaha xs400. I cut most of the frame apart to get the stance i wanted and did away with everything that cluttered it up or was no longer needed. New seat mounts made for unsprung solo seat. Rear fender is 36 ford spare cover, struts are homemade. Rear shocks are HD that had the eyes/bushing modified to work with my mounts. Custom battery box made to hang under the seat using the 2 seat bracket bolts. Homemade plate mount but the typlical A rear light. Frame was painted using parts store rattle. Pipes are about half stock with a longer stretch welded on. I piecut the pipe near the rear to get the kickup. New peg mounts we fabbed out of the stock ones to work with the HD hwy pegs. The tank started as a split HD which was cut, narrowed, deleted on cap and rewelded. Tank was painted with a Maroon parts store rattle and covered in 2k Spraymax clear. Bars are just 7/8 drags but was narrowed 1.5" on each side. Headlight is a Unity that was painted to match the tank/fender with a homemade mount to use the horn mounts on the forks. Forks were internally shortened by 2" Front wheel is a 21" off a yz125 which was stripped of the anodizing(w/ oven off) and polished with a drill(how all the chrome was polished). Carbs have been rejetted and filter extensions were made to clear the frame. ALL of this was done in my garage by me. A buddy helped my tig the tank back together after i cut it to suit my needs.
hello heres my 72 xs 650 named brass addiction
-hardtailed with girder frontend
-7 metal west brass fender
-brass vintage headlight , brass seat, risers ,exhaust tips .foot pegs
-custon made brass air cleaners made from mine jack hammer bushing
-custom tail light also was a mine light converted to taillight
-hand done pinup art and brass leafing
-hurst car jockey shift with hand clutch
-running enduro tires
-my second attemt at building bike and my first xs build
- took 8 months to build my 2nd attemt at building bike